CLOSE

Anyone played with a flexdrive or zesty nimble?

Forums Mods, Ideas and Innovation Anyone played with a flexdrive or zesty nimble?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Robert
    Participant

As the title suggests I would be very curious to hear if anyone has any experience or thoughts on these remotely driven, direct drive extruders.  I ordered a zesty nimble a few months ago and it just shipped a day or two ago!!!  They have had trouble sourcing parts.  I am very excited to receive it and see what changes in performance it will affect.  I will report back once obtained and fully tinkered with!

Maximus
    Participant

I have not played with it yet, however I had an idea to make that a tool-changeable extruder where the ‘remote’ direct drive stays on the same stepper, but you swap the hot-end out like a normal tool change.  I will sketch up the basic mechanism soon if you are interested.  This way, you only have to have 1 stepper for all your toolheads vs x steppers for x tool heads. (you still need heater and thermistor for each toolhead)

I also have an idea to do the same thing for bowden extruders as well.  Thus keeping only 2 steppers for all your toolheads, being direct or bowden.

com3
    Keymaster

This sounds like a great Idea, it reminds me of the “Smart” Extruder from Makerbot.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.